Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday 7-9-2012

The last day of my working career is Thursday this week.  I've decided to try this "retirement" thing everyone is talking about.  The journey to this point has been long, but at the same time short.  My friends suggested I make some kind of journal or even blog about this experience.  So here I go - taking that first step into the unknown.

Oh I've been unemployed before, but always with the goal of securing another full-time gig.  This time, my full-time gig will be me.  This is new territory and quite frankly I'm a bit scared.  So many questions have come up since I made my decision in May.  

How will I define myself now?  When meeting someone new, the question most generally asked is "So what do you do?"  How will I answer that now?  I really don't know.

I will try and document and share my journey.  Wish me luck.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment